Transport Assistance

Please click on the following link to be directed to the Ministry of Education website, for information relating to eligibility for Transport assistance:

School Transport

To view the latest version of the Ministry of Education fact sheets on School Transport Assistance, please click on the following links:

1 Eligibility for School Transport Assistance (non-special education)
3 Ministry-funded school bus service
4 School Bus Safety - behaviours and responsibilities
5 Special Education School Transport Assistance (SESTA)

Transport Assistance application forms are available below, or from the Ministry of Education website and the College Student Centre.

School Transport Assistance Application Form

1 - The Ministry of Education definition of "suitable public transport" is a service that:-

travels within 2.4km of the student's home; and
travels within 2.4km of the school; and
has a suitable timetable; and
does not require the student to change buses more than once per journey

Therefore, apply for Transport Assistance if you live more than 4.8km away from school and do not travel on an available free MoE bus (except where the 2.5km rule applies) or suitable fare paying service.

Note: Route 1 (Hikurangi to Pompallier) and City Link have been deemed "suitable public transport".

If you move house, you need to contact the Ministry of Education directly on the number below.

All queries regarding Transport Assistance and Allowances should be directed to:-

Ministry of Education, Tel: 0800 287 272